Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Progress report

We had several prototypes designs, our initial designs were very complex but our final design is more simplistic and practical. We mounted our fan motor on a plywood platform and build an arc around it and supported it with blocks. 









Side view


A problem that we noticed is that the motor/ fan was not spinning fast enough to launch the disk in the air. We also realized that the wires connecting the motor with the speed controller was broken and we are currently attempting to fix it or find an alternative motor. 


video











No comments:

Post a Comment